OK, I used "ubuntu-bug -w" and the package seems to be "nautilus
1:3.26.4-0~ubuntu18.04.4"

** Package changed: ubuntu => nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu 18.04 "Files" app unable to show Samba/SMB shares where 'access
  based share enumeration = yes'

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  From Ubuntu 18.04's GUI, if I open the "Files" app and go to "Other
  Locations", I see my samba/SMB server. If I double click it, it then
  lists *some* of my shares. Specifically, it lists those where I didn't
  use Samba's 'access based share enumeration = yes'[1] (which allows
  some shares to be made completely invisible to some users). Note that
  Ubuntu has *not* yet asked me to authenticate, so it makes sense that
  I shouldn't yet be able to see shares I'm not entitled to.

  The bug is: even after I authenticate (and let it remember my
  password), then go back to Other Locations>MyServer, it *still*
  doesn't show the other shares. In fact, I can't find *any* way to see
  the other shares.

  Contrast this with macOS Finder. If I navigate to MyServer in the
  share list, it doesn't show *any* shares until I authenticate, then it
  shows *all* shares that the user has access to (and none of the shares
  the user doesn't have access to).

  Ubuntu could either:
   - adopt macOS Finder behaviour and get authentication first, or
   - update the share list after authentication is performed.

  Its current behaviour makes some shares totally inaccessible (the crux
  of the bug).

  I doubt it matters, but my server is: FreeNAS 11.2-U4 (current newest)
  using ZFS, running samba 4.9.6.  Other users on the FreeNAS forum see
  the same behaviour[2], so it's not particular to my setup.

  [1] https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/smb.conf.5.html
  [2]
https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/accessing-smb-shares-from-ubuntu-18-04-doesnt-show-all-shares-in-gui.75961/