Gaurav Parashar,

We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. You reported this bug some time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) reached end-of-life on April 25,2019.

Do you still see a problem related to the one that you reported in a
currently supported release of Ubuntu? Please let us know if you do
otherwise this report can be left to expire in approximately 60 days
time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: totem (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  totem shows error Invalid commandline while running all media files

Status in totem package in Ubuntu:

  I tried to run mp4 files, and many more media files, but everytime it
  gives me this error. I have upgraded Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04

  Invalid commandline

  The parameters passed to the application had an invalid format. Please
  file a bug!

  The parameters were:
  --transient-for=50331663
  gstreamer|1.0|totem|MPEG-4 AAC decoder|decoder-audio/mpeg,
mpegversion=(int)4, framed=(boolean)true, stream-format=(string)raw,
level=(string)2, base-profile=(string)lc, profile=(string)lc
  gstreamer|1.0|totem|H.264 decoder|decoder-video/x-h264,
stream-format=(string)avc, alignment=(string)au, level=(string)2.1,
profile=(string)constrained-baseline
  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20130213)
  Package: totem 3.10.1-1ubuntu4
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  Tags:  trusty
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic i686
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-05-04 (7 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dialout dip lpadmin netdev plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True