[Expired for gnome-shell (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Ubuntu 18.04 stuck on lock screen after entering password

  Expired

Bug description:
  It happened to me three times in the last couple of days, after a set of
updates.
  If I leave my machine unattended for a while so it goes suspended, and I try
to log back in.
  I hit a key so gdm password prompt comes back.
  I type my password, hit enter.
  Then there is no change anymore. The login screen stays up infinitely.
  The cursor moves around.
  Once I left a video paused. When I clicked, the sound of the video came back,
but no change on the screen. If I click again, the sound pauses, etc..
  So it looks like I'm actually logged in but the screen stopped refreshing.
  Ctrl+Alt+F... keys don't do anything.
  I can kill off X with Ctrl+Alt+Bkspace (that I had enabled) and then I can
log in as usual.
  I have no idea what log files etc. to have a look at.