We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner. This bug was reported a long time ago
and there have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time.

Does anyone still see a problem related to the one that was reported
when using currently supported versions of Ubuntu and Firefox? Please
let us know if you do otherwise this report can be left to expire in
approximately 60 days time.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  problem sorting files in upload-file file-chooser

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  1) go to some image upload site
  2) click on the file-field
  3) if files are sorted by name, click to sort them by date. if sorted by
date, sort by name
  4) now try to click on a file to upload it.
  5) BUG you cannot select the file

  workaround:
  6) click cancel
  7) open the file-chooser again
  8) the files are still sorted by the column you clicked last time
  9) you can now select the file to upload

  now it would be nice, if step 5 already worked.