Using 1.4.2 on a Disco virtualbox image the CPU info are correctly
listed indeed

** Tags removed: verification-needed-disco
** Tags added: verification-done-disco

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-report in Ubuntu.

  No CPU record on Virtualbox

Status in ubuntu-report package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-report source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in ubuntu-report source package in Disco:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

   * Any new report after an installation in a Virtualbox machine won't show up
CPU informations.
   * Note that we don't fix Cosmic: it's almost EOL and ubuntu-report is used
on first user login. Now, we either proposed bionic or disco to our users. The
issue isn't that critical either as the CPU field is just ignored when missing.

  [Test Case]

   * Make a new installation in virtualbox
   * Run "ubuntu-report show".
  -> you won't have any "CPU" field in the output
   * Install the new version from proposed
   * Run "ubuntu-report show"
  -> note the CPU field is now present.

  [Regression Potential]

   * The regexp to match lspcu information lines has been relaxed. The
  testsuite has been enhanced and existing cases keeps working.

  ------------

  On a virtualbox guest ubuntu-report doesn't report CPU information.

  u@pc:~$ ubuntu-report show
  {
    "Version": "19.04",
    "OEM": {
      "Vendor": "innotek GmbH",
      "Product": "VirtualBox"
    },
    "BIOS": {
      "Vendor": "innotek GmbH",
      "Version": "VirtualBox"
    },
    "Arch": "amd64",
    "GPU": [
      {
        "Vendor": "15ad",
        "Model": "0405"
      }
    ],
    "RAM": 2,
    "Disks": [
      21.5
    ],
    "Partitions": [
      20.5
    ],
    "Screens": [
      {
        "Size": "0mmx0mm",
        "Resolution": "800x600",
        "Frequency": "60.00"
      }
    ],
    "Autologin": true,
    "LivePatch": false,
    "Session": {
      "DE": "ubuntu:GNOME",
      "Name": "ubuntu",
      "Type": "x11"
    },
    "Language": "en_US",
    "Timezone": "America/New_York",
    "Install": {
      "Media": "Ubuntu 19.04 \"Disco Dingo\" - Alpha amd64 (20190305.1)",
      "Type": "GTK",
      "OEM": false,
      "PartitionMethod": "use_device",
      "DownloadUpdates": true,
      "Language": "en",
      "Minimal": false,
      "RestrictedAddons": false,
      "Stages": {
        "0": "language",
        "2": "language",
        "8": "console_setup",
        "16": "console_setup",
        "20": "prepare",
        "24": "partman",
        "26": "start_install",
        "86": "timezone",
        "90": "usersetup",
        "97": "user_done",
        "582": "done"
      }
    }
  }

  @pc:~$ lscpu
  Architecture:        x86_64
  CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
  Byte Order:          Little Endian
  Address sizes:       48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
  CPU(s):              1
  On-line CPU(s) list: 0
  Thread(s) per core:  1
  Core(s) per socket:  1
  Socket(s):           1
  NUMA node(s):        1
  Vendor ID:           AuthenticAMD
  CPU family:          16
  Model:               10
  Model name:          AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
  Stepping:            0
  CPU MHz:             2812.342
  BogoMIPS:            5624.68
  Hypervisor vendor:   KVM
  Virtualization type: full
  L1d cache:           64K
  L1i cache:           64K
  L2 cache:            512K
  L3 cache:            6144K
  NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0
  Flags:               fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp
lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid
tsc_known_freq pni monitor cx16 x2apic popcnt hypervisor lahf_lm cr8_legacy abm
sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch vmmcall

  Package: ubuntu-report 1.4.0
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Fri Mar  8 04:06:58 2019
  Dependencies:
   gcc-9-base 9-20190220-0ubuntu1
   libc6 2.28-0ubuntu1
   libgcc1 1:9-20190220-0ubuntu1
   libidn2-0 2.0.5-1
   libunistring2 0.9.10-1ubuntu1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.04 "Disco Dingo" - Alpha amd64 (20190305.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>