** Also affects: orca (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-mate

Packages, which is subscribed to orca in Ubuntu.

  Orca's focus not restored correctly when pressing escape to close the
  brisk menu or the traditional menus

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  Invalid
Status in orca package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to Reproduce:
  On the latest daily builds of Ubuntu Mate 18.10, when using the alt+f1 menu,
or the brisk menu at least in the familiar layout, pressing escape doesn't
properly restore Orca's focus. The effect is that if you press escape and you
land in a text field, Orca isn't able to track the text field until you do
something that causes focus to change again, such as opening up a menu in an
application and then pressing escape to close the menu again. This worked
correctly in Ubuntu Mate 18.04.1.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. On a recent daily build of Ubuntu Mate 18.10, log in to the system and
press alt+super+s to turn on Orca.
  2. Press control+alt+D to set focus to the Desktop.
  3. Press alt+f1 to open the menu. Orca should say "menu."
  4. Press escape to close the menu.
  Actual result: Orca doesn't announce that you've returned to the desktop, and
you must press the arrow key to confirm this.
  Expected result: Orca should announce the focus immediately when escape is
pressed.
  I don't know whether this is a bug in Orca itself or some updates to Ubuntu
Mate so that's why I'm posting this here.

  Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any fixes you
  may be able to provide.

  Sincerely,

  Brandon Tyson