This bug is nearly 3 years old. Can you say if you think GNOME 3.32 in
Ubuntu 19.04 performs adequately now?
** Changed in: ubuntu-gnome
Status: New => Incomplete
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
** Changed in: tracker (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
** Tags added: performance
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to tracker in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1615389
Title:
Searching for files and folders in AO takes much longer than
previously
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Incomplete
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Status in tracker package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
I have noticed that after upgrading from Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 to 16.04
with GNOME 3.20 that searching for files and folders in the Activities
Overview takes much much longer when previously (before upgrading) it
would find them almost instantly as it currently does with
applications.
In the preferences for Tracker I have it set up so that it is meant to
index content. What is interesting though is that for instance it
might take 5 minutes to find my Artwork folder in my Documents
directory through the AO. But if I run 'locate Artwork' in Terminal it
finds it almost instantly.
So that makes me think that perhaps it is an issue with it not
properly indexing the content or not being able to retrieve the
information or something and being forced to do a real-time search.
But it is becoming rather annoying so I thought I would report it so
that we can try to figure out what the issue is and hopefully find a
solution.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1615389/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp