Public bug reported:

There is a newer version of libsoup that allows NTLMv2 authentication that
resolves this issue.  Here is a bug from the Gnome libsoup bug report:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/issues/114

In this bug report for Evolution:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/issues/38
someone mentions "the change landed after 2.64.0 and before 2.65.1 and seems to
be part of 2.65.1+ only"

** Affects: libsoup2.4 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to libsoup2.4 in Ubuntu.

  My University disabled NTLMv1 and Evolution won't let me authenticate
  to Exchange

Status in libsoup2.4 package in Ubuntu: