** Changed in: libreoffice-l10n (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  Packaging: merge libreoffice-l10n into libreoffice

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libreoffice-l10n package in Ubuntu:

  Many years ago, the libreoffice Ubuntu packages were split into two
  source packages: libreoffice and libreoffice-l10n. This was due to
  launchpad builders running out of disk space during the build. It
  looks like this limitation might no longer be relevant, from a
  conversation I had with launchpad folks on IRC:

  <oSoMoN> how much disk space do builders have at their disposal when building
debs?
  <wgrant> oSoMoN: The instances have 60GB root volumes, and all but a couple
of gigabytes should be usable by the build
  <oSoMoN> wgrant, thanks! was this increased in the last few years by any
chance? I'm asking because the libreoffice package was artificially separated
into two source packages because of a disk space limitation, and I'm wondering
whether we could get rid of this workaround now
  <oSoMoN> 60GB should be enough for that purpose
  <oSoMoN> but I'd like to understand what the limitation was previously
  <wgrant> oSoMoN: It's slowly increased over the years. The -l10n split was
back in the Xen days.
  <wgrant> I really don't remember what things were set to back then
  <wgrant> Probably 40GB, but not sure
  <wgrant> oSoMoN: Hmm, the split actually predates virtualised builders at
all, so there's really no way to tell unless you can find IRC logs from 12
years ago
  <oSoMoN> wgrant, ack, in any case it looks like it's worth trying to
reconcile the two source packages now, there's a good chance it will work
  <wgrant> oSoMoN: Worth a try indeed
  <cjwatson> Until a few years ago builders weren't particularly clean, either.
  <oSoMoN> cjwatson, so less disk space available due to leftovers?
  <cjwatson> Certainly in the pre-virtualised days you could very well end up
with piles of junk left around from old kernels, previous builds, etc.
  <cjwatson> And it wouldn't have been consistent across builders.