Synchronising bug status with upstream.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  NFS / lock problem with LibreOffice wth 13.04

Status in LibreOffice:
  Confirmed
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Hi all,

  I have a problem very similar to what is exposed in question #234375.

  Since I upgraded to Ubuntu 13.04 (host x86_64), I have trouble accessing
documents via NFS with LibreOffice.
  The slash screen display for about 30s, then there is a popup warning saying
that another user has opened the file, and offering to open a copy, open as
readonly or cancel.

  The point is, no other user has opened that file (being the only user
  on my personal PC, but storing my documents on NAS).

  So I tried the suggestion about adding "noauto" in /etc/fstab and
  changing /etc/rc.local, with no luck.

  But the modification of /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice:
  ##################

  #
  STAR_PROFILE_LOCKING_DISABLED=1
  export STAR_PROFILE_LOCKING_DISABLED
  #

  # file locking now enabled by default
  #SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1 # <<- if set to 0 ; same trouble ...
  #export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

  (That is, uncomment the first 2 lines, and commenting the other 2)
  This works OK.

  If this is the official way of fixing things, then I guess LibreOffice
  deserves an update on Ubuntu at least.

  Thanks.