The above mentioned two buggy features (Take a Screenshot of the Current Window
and Take a Screenshot of a Selected Area) are still disabled via the
/usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Screenshot.desktop file in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
which is a supported version right now.
Actually the commented out actions have a link in comments to this issue which
led me here.

I've tried enabling back these actions (then log out, then login). Then
the actions appeared on right clicking on the Screenshot icon but these
features still doesn't work. I can see on the mouse pointer that
something should happen (it changes to loading indicator), but finally
nothing will happen, I can't get the screenshot.

  gnome-screenshot Actions don't work in default Ubuntu 17.10 session

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Confirmed
Status in gnome-screenshot package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in gnome-screenshot source package in Artful:

  Ubuntu 17.10 Beta
  Ubuntu session (Wayland)

  Open the Activities Overview.
  Right-click on Screenshot.

  2 of the 3 extra desktop actions don't work.

  Works
  =====
  Take a Screenshot of the Whole Screen

  Doesn't Work