** Summary changed:

- ibus-cangjie in libreoffice cannot type Chinese character at end of line
+ [upstream] ibus-cangjie in libreoffice cannot type Chinese character at end
of line

  [upstream] ibus-cangjie in libreoffice cannot type Chinese character
  at end of line

Status in LibreOffice:
  Confirmed
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I am using LibreOffice Version: 6.0.7.3, in particular I am using
  LibreOffice Writer.

  I am using ibus-cangjie to input Chinese.

  I cannot input any Chinese characters when I reach the end of a line
  on the screen.

  The expected behavior is that the typed Chinese character simply
  spills over to the next line and I can continue to type without a
  problem.

  If I reach the end of the line with half a space (of full-sized
  Chinese character) available, then I could insert a punctuation mark
  like 。 or 、 even if I use cangjie codes to input them (and then I can
  continue normally).

  if I reach the end of the line with no space available, then I cannot
  insert 。 or 、 when I use cangjie codes to input them (in the ibus-
  cangjie standard input table, 、 = XI)

  In neither case I can type a Chinese character like 日, all the typed
  characters simply disappears from the input queue and is not typed at
  all.  Note that as I type I can see that the candidate Chinese
  characters according to the cangjie codes I input, they just don't get
  sent to the application.

  when I am at the end of the line, I can type as many spaces as I want
  and the problem of being unable to type a Chinese character persists.

  Finally, the bug only triggers when I am at the end ​of text; if I am
  inserting in the middle of text, even if I am at the linebreak, I can
  type normally and naturally.

  the attached screenshot shows where I am getting my cursor stuck.