As said: http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/supplementary-test.html
the page works fine on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with chromium-browser via apt (.deb)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] Chinese Supplementary Unicode characters not rendered at all
  (but working in .deb-Google Chrome)

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  Hi!

  This is my first bug report in a very very long time, so please bear
  with me, if the report is not that professional.

  I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 19.10 just now and I installed
  (nearly) every single fonts-* package and chromium-browser snap. And
  firefox (deb), falkon (deb) and Google Chrome (deb)

  Firefox and Falkon and Google Chrome do render all Chinese characters
correctly and instantly:
  http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/supplementary-test.html

  Works fine with:
  Firefox
  Falkon
  Google Chrome
  Midori
  Arora Browser (package: arora, pretty broken but it works on the test page)
  surf (package: surf, suckless browser)
  netsurf-gtk

  (all tested just now on 19.10 eoan!)

  Chromium Browser via snap does *NOT* display the characters at all:
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/supplementary-test.html

  I went back to my install of Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with the chromium-browser via
apt as a usual .DEB package. The test page on Ubuntu bionic does work
absolutely fine and 100% correct. Not even much fonts installed.

  So I'm 100% sure this is snap related for Ubuntu 19.10.

  Expected: Chromium Browser (snap) should display the characters on
  http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/supplementary-test.html

  What happens: You can't get Chromium browser (snap) in 19.10 to
  display the characters, no matter what.