Yes, works fine.

Not sure if it's worth patching the ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND page - to somehow
explain snap permissions and how to adjust them..

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [snap] no access to softlinked folders in home directory

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:

  How my home filesystem works
  -> ~/Downloads is soft linked to a large non-ssd drive zfs mounted as
/zfs/Downloads
  (mainly as I download quite a bit of crap, and it would fill up the ssd
eventually.)

  now chromium can't see this, either to view files, or save/open files.

  chromium is my primary browser - regular updates etc.. on ubuntu, no
  google magic in it.

  I'm not sure if this is fixable with the snap transition?

  But it is a bit of a gotcha for users.