** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marco Trevisan (Treviño) (3v1n0)

** Changed in: mutter (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Marco Trevisan (Treviño) (3v1n0)

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: martin (mukamuka) => (unassigned)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] Distro patch GNOME hi-dpi support for x11 sessions

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  The first part of our work on better handling of HI-DPI screens got merged
upstream in 3.32, but it's for wayland only

https://blog.3v1n0.net/informatica/linux/gnome-shell-fractional-scaling-in-wayland-landed/

  Since our default session in Ubuntu is based on xorg we would like to
  distro patch the x11 equivalent for Disco so our users can benefit
  from the feature.

  Updates packages are up for testing in that ppa
  https://launchpad.net/~3v1n0/+archive/ubuntu/mutter-x11-fractional-scaling

  The main change is

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/415722066/mutter_3.32.0-1_3.32.0-1ubuntu1~xrandrscaling3.diff.gz

  The ppa also includes a bugfix and a settings change to allow easy
  configuration.

  Note that the feature is behind an experimental gsettings key and the code
has no impact on the rendering for users who don't enable it, which means it
shouldn't be too risk. It's available as a opt-in for those who want to test it.
  From our testing it works fine and we feel like it's ready to be included. We
do plan to get that work merged upstream in the next cycle so it should not be
an Ubuntu delta to carry over forever.