> I do have a crash report:
https://errors.ubuntu.com/oops/6b47f8ce-f982-11e9-af44-fa163e983629.

Thanks, that crash report is from gnome-shell but is corrupt and not
readable.

> Sadly, I don’t know how do catch error report if gnome itself crashed
without popping out a bug reporting “whoopsie window”.

Please make sure you have followed ALL of the instructions in:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Missing_a_crash_report_or_having_a_.crash_attachment

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 19.10 gnome-shell crashes after changing keyboard

Status in Mutter:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter source package in Eoan:
  New
Status in mutter source package in Focal:

  Updated to Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan, changing keyboard (from zh-cn to es-es)
  crashes gnome-shell, and displays that logoff is needed, but clicking
  logoff button is useless (won't work). Reboot, log in, and a black
  screen with movable cursur will be displayed. After some time, the
  crash screen will again be displayed.

  Checked journalctl /usr/bin/gnome-shell, a lot of "gnome-shell[1907]:
  _clutter_stage_queue_event: assertion 'CLUTTER_IS_STAGE (stage)'
  failed" was found.

  Use tty3 to login and deleting ~/.config/dconf/user would help logging
  in to desktop environment (gnome won't display dock, and have no
  settings of dock for some reason though), but changing keyboard still
  crashes gnome as before.

  I tried adding disco and focal apt source into sources.list, and use
  aptitude to upgrade, or downgrade gnome to other versions. Things
  won't work either (can't even login).

  After some googling, I found a possibly related PR:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/merge_requests/764, but this
  commit is on 3.35.1, not 3.34.