We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner.

Presumably this issue was resolved some time ago and this bug report can
now be closed. I'm changing the status to "Incomplete" to allow this
report to expire in the absence of any further comments.

Thank you for helping make Ubuntu better.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox has no unity panel icon

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  I started natty with the alpha and upgraded it trough beta to rc. Used
chromium all the time, with rc i decide to install firefox, but it has no icon
in the unity launcher when running.
  .
  ii  firefox
4.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1    Safe and easy web browser from
Mozilla
  ii  firefox-globalmenu
4.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1    Unity appmenu integration for Firefox

  I tried to reinstall firefox but it did not fix the situation. The bug
  is: If firefox was removed and reinstalled, it lacks his icon.

  Package: firefox 4.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-8.42-genusername 2.6.38.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-8-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sat May  7 08:15:54 2011
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 4.0.1+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1
   flashplugin-installer N/A
   adobe-flashplugin N/A
   icedtea-plugin N/A
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Alpha i386 (20110318)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=de_DE:en
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to natty on 2011-03-25 (43 days ago)