Hi all,

I have verified the other two patches associated with 1.8.10-2ubuntu3.
This is the third and final fix of 1.8.10-2ubuntu3 which is blocking the
update being published on bionic-updates.

Has the error reports reduced with the 1.8.10-2ubuntu3 as expected? I
can't access the link as "not a member of a group that is allowed to see
the data from error reports". I have just requested access.

It's unfortunate there is no specific reproduction instructions for this
bug that can be manually verified. Hopefully someone with access to the
errors.ubuntu.com link above can confirm the fix has lowered the number
of error reports (as suggested by the reporter of this bug), and then
tag this issue and then change the tag from verification-needed-bionic
to verification-done-bionic.

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-applet in Ubuntu.

  segfault in __strcasestr

Status in network-manager-applet package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager-applet source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  * Impact

  The connection editor sometime segfaults

  * Test case

  no specific to trigger the issue but check that error reports stop with the
new version
  https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/22f059991e427d58a003539ecedff7be196a7e35

  * Regression potential

  the change is smaller and in newer serie, it should create issues but
  check that the editor keeps working fine without segfaultsb