Public bug reported:

I'm using Adwaita-Dark with the gnome-themes-extra package that comes
available to Ubuntu 19.10.

When I go to a login form, github search, or other text field that has
auto-complete options, the presented auto-complete options are black
text on black background, and are completely illegible.

Naturally when I use a light theme it's black font on white background
and completely legible.

We need to have a light/white font on black background for Adwaita-Dark
and other Dark themes too, as this breaks accessibility of the
environment (visual impairments, etc).

** Affects: gnome-themes-extra (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-themes-extra in Ubuntu.

  Adwaita-Dark has black text on black background for auto-complete
  fields

Status in gnome-themes-extra package in Ubuntu: