** Changed in: snapd (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  snap cannot be run while being upgraded − no user feedback

Status in snapd:
  In Progress
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:

  I've just upgraded to Ubuntu 19.10 with the new snap version of
  Chromium a week or two ago

  On starting my system today, I found that Chromium had disappeared
  from the launcher and wasn't even in the apps list.   using the
  command 'chromium' didn't work either, giving me the message that
  chromium wasn't installed.   "You can install it using snap install
  chromium".  Then when I try to install it, I get the message "chromium
  is already installed".

  After about 10 minutes of digging around, I discovered that the
  chromium snap was disabled.  I couldn't enable it because it was being
  refreshed.

  Come on!  this is unacceptable behaviour for any tool but especially a
  browser which must be one of the most heavily used applications on
  Ubuntu.  This will really hit the reputation of ubuntu with any user
  who has to take maybe more than 10 minutes to discover the problem, or
  may never discover it - Chromium may just mysteriously reappear some
  time later.

  Desired behaviour:   Never disappear.  Allow refresh to happen under the
covers, transparently (as it used to with apt).
  Minimally acceptable behaviour: never disappear, but display a message
"chromium is being refreshed.  Please try later".

  $ snap info chromium
  name:      chromium
  summary:   Chromium web browser, open-source version of Chrome
  publisher: Canonical✓
  contact:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bugs?field.tag=snap
  license:   unset
    An open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more
    stable way for all Internet users to experience the web.
  commands:
    - chromium.chromedriver
    - chromium
  snap-id:  XKEcBqPM06H1Z7zGOdG5fbICuf8NWK5R
  tracking: stable
  channels:
    stable:    78.0.3904.70 2019-10-29 (920) 160MB -
    candidate: 78.0.3904.70 2019-10-29 (920) 160MB -
    beta:      78.0.3904.70 2019-10-22 (907) 165MB -
    edge:      79.0.3941.4  2019-10-21 (905) 159MB -
  installed:   78.0.3904.70            (917) 167MB disabled