Can confirm that this problem still exist on the latest LTS release.

I tested connecting to enterprise network with enabled and required PMF (
Protected Management Frames / Management Protected Frames or 802.11w ) on
Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (with all updates) - all attempts failed, when the PMF was
set to `Required` on the AP side.
I also tested with my home setup: TP-Link AP ( OpenWrt 18.06.5 ) and 802.11w
set to `Required` in the `Wireless Security` section.

The current wpasupplicant version for 18.04 is 2:2.6-15ubuntu2.5
When the Network Manager tries to connect to the AP, it fails because the
activation takes too long.
I tested the Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan release and it seems that the wpasupplicant is
able to connect to APs with Required PMF option.

I found a workaround for Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic, but it is a bit
"hacky/risky" - basically force upgraded the wpasupplicant and all deps
with the packages from Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan. The dependency packages can be
downloaded from https://packages.ubuntu.com

Package versions:

libnl-3-200_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb
libnl-route-3-200_3.4.0-1_amd64.deb
locales_2.30-0ubuntu2_all.deb
libc-bin_2.30-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb
libc6_2.30-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb
libc6_2.30-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
libtinfo6_6.1+20190803-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
libreadline8_8.0-3_amd64.deb
wpasupplicant_2.9-1ubuntu2_amd64.deb

NOTE: force upgrade this packages only if you are sure that they will not break
your existing apps.
If you are stuck with the LTS version, but you want the be able to connect to
APs with mandatory PMF until this issue is resolved, you can try the workaround
on your own risk (future LTS updates could break this setup).

** Tags added: 802.11w bionic pmf wpasupplicant

Packages, which is subscribed to wpa in Ubuntu.

  PMF

Status in wpa package in Ubuntu:

  WPA Supplicant packaged with Ubuntu doesn't support PMF. PMF support
  has been available in wpa supplicant for about 3 years now and in
  couple of major releases. PMF is a security feature and should be
  supported (at least at the level when it needs to be manually
  enabled).

  Thanks!

  Package: wpasupplicant 2:2.6-21ubuntu3
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: MATE
  Date: Sat May  4 23:55:42 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-MATE 15.10 "Wily Werewolf" - Release amd64
(20151021)
  SourcePackage: wpa
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to disco on 2019-05-02 (2 days ago)