Hello,

I've upgraded my ubuntu 19.04 to 19.10 this morning and I came across
this very annoying bug.

Whenever I click on 'show applications' or press win key (shortcut), the
menu with the applications show, but it's empty - you can search through
it and it works fine (applications show, one can trigger application
launch), but then after you select an application, the menu doesn't
disappear at all.

It doesn't go away when pressing any application on the dash panel, nor
when clicking esc key, it only goes away after you click on the dash
icon again, BUT...

It doesn't really go away - it just becomes invisible, but still it
overlaps all the items that are launched (with exception of dash panel,
because it's not being overlapped), and you can't do anything on any
launched application. Sometimes when you try to move some windows, you
can see them getting transformed into a miniature, as if the system
wanted to insert application into the suggestions on the 'show
applications'.

The only thing that worked for me was restarting my computer.

It seems like a similar issue to this:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/1633
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/1686

It don't know exactly which package this problem lies in, but it might
be gnome-shell (you would know better). Might be that the problem is
already solved, and just bumping the gnome package would solve it.

** Affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

Show application renders computer unusable (invisible overlap)