We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner.

This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue using a maintained version of Ubuntu please let
us know otherwise this report can be left to expire in approximately 60
days time.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox crashes when clicking on "Play" button

Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:

  I am using Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS. I purged Unity because it is really
  slow on my PC. I installed GNOME & KDE (kubuntu-desktop). Before I
  logged out from KDE because it was somehow slow, Rhythmbox played the
  music files just fine. However, when I logged in to GNOME Flashback
  (Metacity), I started Rhythmbox, and when I pressed the "Play" button
  on my keyboard, Rhythmbox crashed instead of playing the music file
  normally. Can anyone help me.

  (Note: This only happens with Ubuntu 14.04 on my PC. Back when I was
  using Ubuntu 10.10 & 12.04, Rhythmbox worked OK.)

  Ubuntu release (lsb_release -rd):

  Release:      14.04

  Version of Rhythmbox (apt-cache policy rhythmbox):

  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 3.0.2-0ubuntu2
    Candidate:      3.0.2-0ubuntu2
    Release Table:
   *** 3.0.2-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.0.2-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main i386 Packages

  Package: rhythmbox 3.0.2-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-92.115~14.04.1-generic 4.4.76
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-92-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.25
  Architecture: i386
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME Flashback (Metacity)