We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to review all
reported bugs in a timely manner.

This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue using a maintained version of Ubuntu please let
us know otherwise this report can be left to expire in approximately 60
days time.

Paul White
[Ubuntu Bug Squad]

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  It struggles to start

Status in rhythmbox package in Ubuntu:

  1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or
  System -> About Ubuntu

  Release:      14.04

  2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy
  pkgname' or by checking in Software Center

  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 3.0.2-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 3.0.2-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 3.0.2-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/ubuntu/
trusty-updates/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       3.0.2-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/ubuntu/ trusty/main
amd64 Packages

  3) What you expected to happen

  The application starts easily and quickly

  4) What happened instead

  4.1 As soon as starting the app, the screen greys out, as if running
  low on system resources. I can now rule that possibility out, because
  I had only just booted, I had not started any other applications, and
  this computer has LOADS of memory and LOADS of processing power. This
  'greying out' lasts for about 30 seconds or so, and I cannot use the
  application at all during this time.

  4.2 Also right near the end of this 'greying out' time, an error
  message appears, saying "The application Rhythmbox has closed
  unexpectedly", despite the fact that the application Rhythmbox HAS NOT
  closed. I attach a screenshot of the message.

  This bug has been occurring for more than a year, and occurs EVERY
  TIME that I start the application.

  Package: rhythmbox 3.0.2-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.2.0-42.49~14.04.1-generic 4.2.8-ckt12
  Uname: Linux 4.2.0-42-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun Aug 21 11:24:25 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 (20140417)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_AU:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>