According to the changelog, since 2017.11.10 this is an empty package.

The package seems to be have been retained for possible future use.

Closing as invalid as its installation will currently have no
discernable affect to anyone installing  Firefox.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Please demote xul-ext-ubufox from Firefox Recommends to Suggests

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  xul-ext-ubufox is pulled in by Kubuntu at the moment but serves little
  to no advantages for us. We already have a notification helper that
  notifies the user for restarting the system or applications when the
  application has been upgraded, and we have a software notification
  helper for installing things like flash and other plugins.

  It would be useful for Kubuntu if xul-ext-ubufox was demoted from a
  Recommends to a Suggest and a flavor could then include it in their
  seeds.