This bug has been discussed also here
https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/issues/1243 and resulted in an upstream
ticket https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1768 since

> we don't have a custom handle and we use Adwaita's one here

** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues #1768
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1768

** Also affects: yaru via
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1768

** Bug watch added: github.com/ubuntu/yaru/issues #1243
   https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/issues/1243

Packages, which is subscribed to yaru-theme in Ubuntu.

  can't select text from the start of a line on a terminator shell

Status in Yaru Theme:
  Unknown
Status in yaru-theme package in Ubuntu:

  Ever since yaru became the default theme, I'm not able to select text
  from the start of the line anymore, instead it'll try to resize the
  split terminator shell.

  To reproduce:

  - open terminator
  - split the window vertically
  - try to select text on the right side terminal
  - notice you can't select the first character, instead it will try to resize
the split