I can observe the problem in a 19.10 VM in a kubuntu session.
This is an Ubuntu-specific problem, upstream builds don't exhibit the issue
(but they don't export menus either).

I can observe a similar issue with firefox using CSD in a 16.04 VM running a
Unity session: menus are exported in the top panel, but the height of the title
bar is twice what it should be, the top part being empty except for the window
buttons (see attached screenshot).?field.comment=I can observe the problem in a
19.10 VM in a kubuntu session.
This is an Ubuntu-specific problem, upstream builds don't exhibit the issue
(but they don't export menus either).

I can observe a similar issue with firefox using CSD in a 16.04 VM
running a Unity session: menus are exported in the top panel, but the
height of the title bar is twice what it should be, the top part being
empty except for the window buttons (see attached screenshot).

** Attachment added: "VirtualBox_xenial amd64_18_12_2019_17_56_18.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/1853893/+attachment/5313666/+files/VirtualBox_xenial%20amd64_18_12_2019_17_56_18.png

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Firefox maximized CSD using double space on Plasma with "global menu" widget
+ Firefox maximized CSD using double space on Plasma/Unity with "global menu"
widget

  Firefox maximized CSD using double space on Plasma/Unity with "global
  menu" widget

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Kubuntu 19.10
  Firefox 70.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.19.10.1

  Using Firefox's CSD on KDE Plasma and using KDE's "global menu" widget
  in a panel, Firefox takes useless space for the "title bar".

  Screenshot here: https://pasteboard.co/IImEuh3.png

  By right clicking on the empty space in the "title bar", this space
  disappears for a few seconds giving this:
  https://pasteboard.co/IImFha5.png

  Package: firefox 70.0.1+build1-0ubuntu0.19.10.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  BuildID: 20191031091608
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Mon Nov 25 19:57:39 2019
  DefaultProfileExtensions: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfileIncompatibleExtensions: Unavailable (corrupt or non-existant
compatibility.ini or extensions.sqlite)
  DefaultProfileLocales: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  DefaultProfilePrefErrors: Unexpected character ',' before close parenthesis @
/usr/lib/firefox/omni.ja:greprefs.js:930
  DefaultProfileThemes: extensions.sqlite corrupt or missing
  ExecutablePath: /usr/lib/firefox/firefox
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  Profiles:
   Profile1 (Default) - LastVersion=None/None (Out of date)
   Profile0 - LastVersion=70.0.1/20191031091608 (In use)
  SourcePackage: firefox