Public bug reported:

Any media i format to NTFS with gnome-disk can't be used in either my
Hisense or Netgear Mediaplayers as it says no disks attached yet the
same media formatted to NTFS with either Gparted or Windows works
perfectly.

gnome-disks seems to name EXT4 disks differently as instead of sdb1/sdc1
it's just named sdb/sdc?

Since upgrading to 19.10 i've started having issues with ubuntu seeing
previous gparted EXT4 formatted drives ( that have worked perfectly
before ) as suddenly now being read only?

Formatting a boot drive with Gparted to EXT4 also hangs during install
of ubuntu 19.10 when choosing the install drive or partition and refuses
to continue but not when the boot drive has been formatted with gnome-
disk it just installs as normal?

I've tried this on two desktops and one laptop and they all exhibit the
same issues.

** Affects: gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 19.10 unorthodox  format?

Status in gnome-disk-utility package in Ubuntu: