Appears to work with updated Ubuntu 18.04. I'll keep the 19.10 partition
around for a little while in case I can provide further information.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 19.10 Razer Core X Saphire RX 580 - hot-plug freeze; kernel
  oops on boot

Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu package in Ubuntu:

  Hardware (verified working with Windows 10)
  - Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7
  - Razer Core X with Saphire RX 580
    - lspci-vvnn.log

  Software
  - New install of Ubuntu 19.10
    - uname-a.log
    - version.log
  - mesa and amdgpu software from eoan repo

  Symptoms when hot connected
  - Doesn't work
  - Eventially freezes (mouse and clock frozen)
    - dmesg.0.before-hot-plug.txt
    - dmesg.1.not-yet-frozen-after-hot-plug.txt
    - dmesg.2.frozen-after-hot-plug.txt
    - Xorg.0.log
    - regdump_good.txt
    - regdump_broke.txt
  - on `sudo reboot`, GPu attached displays show shutdown banner (this is the
only time they display anything)

  Symptoms when connected at startup
  - Crash
  - dmesg.3.kernel-oops-reboot-while-attached.jpg
  - Reported bug through GUI after reboot, I think this identifies it:
  ```
  rhew@x1:/var/crash$ sudo cat _usr_bin_gnome-shell.124.uploaded
  6be3909c-2f27-11ea-a76d-fa163ee63de6