The mutter MR https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/merge_requests/801
should fix that issue.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Restoring edge tiled windows on Wayland shrinks them

Status in Mutter:
  New
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 with a vanilla GNOME session under Wayland
  (the issue presents with the default Ubuntu session too). I've
  encountered this issue with applications that use Client-Side window
  decorations, which is most of the GNOME applications. Windows with
  borders drawn through the window manager do not have this issue.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open an application that uses client-side decorations, e.g. gnome-terminal.
  2. Edge tile the window by snapping the window to the left or right screen
edge via dragging or Super+left/right keyboard shortcut.
  3. Unsnap the window to restore it to its non-tiled state.

  Expected behaviour:
  The position and dimensions of the window after undoing the edge tiling
should be restored to exactly what it was prior to tiling.

  Observed behaviour:
  Every time the window is unsnapped from the edge, its size gets smaller.
Repeating it over and over will lead to it eventually shrinking to the minimum
possible size.

  I've found this issue only with client-side decorated windows, and only while
restoring from split view / edge tiling. Restoring from a normal maximized
state is ok.