CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri Feb 21 15:44:24 2020
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180725)
ProcEnviron:
 LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: nautilus
usr_lib_nautilus: dropbox 2018.11.28

** Affects: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic

  Text selection in address bar does not work as expected

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  In Nautilus, I can click "Ctrl+L" to open the address bar. At this
  point, the whole address will be selected, which is desirable.
  However, if I then press "Right" to place my cursor at the end of the
  current path, and then try to use "Shift+Ctrl+Left" to select word-by-
  word (e.g., to select and delete the final folder from the path), the
  whole path is again selected. It seems that the logic for preselecting
  the whole path upon opening the address bar seems to trigger in more
  circumstances than just upon opening, and this makes using Nautilus
  via keyboard slower and more frictive than necessary. (In general,
  text entry widgets that override the operating system's existing
  conventions always really annoy me, on desktop or mobile.)

  Package: nautilus 1:3.26.4-0~ubuntu18.04.5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.11
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME