This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  no sound some of the time - ice1712

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  10-16-2008 Xubuntu 8.04 desktop 32 & 64 bit Hal Lamborn hlamb...@charter.net
I get occational sound, that is
  if its there when I boot up its O.K. and seems to stay but it comes and goes
with each boot. I've been trying commands
   like the following but don't know enough about sound to figure out the
problem. I noticed 2 other bugs about ice1712 in your bug list. I'm a newbie
  aplay -l
  lspci -v
  sudo modprobe snd-ice1712
  sudo nano /etc/modules