This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Toshiba Conexant CX20551 (Waikiki) HDA-Intel  No Sound After Suspend

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: pulseaudio

  I have a Toshiba P105-S6084 laptop I bought in 2006.  Since then, I have
repeatedly tried getting the sound to work after suspend/resume (it works upon
boot).  It currently works with a reboot, or if you boot with acpi turned off.
I have setting editing /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and adding options
snd-hda-intel model=:
  toshiba
  laptop
  auto
  acer
  3stack
  3stack-dig

  None of those have worked.  I have tried this on every version of
  Ubuntu released since August of 2006.  I have attached a text file
  that should contain all relevant alsa information.  I am willing to
  try anything, but from what I have read this problem may be caused by
  something Toshiba did and not fixable......any help is appreciated.