This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Low sound level with USB-Headset after upgrade

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: indicator-sound

  After upgrading from karmic to lucid my USB headset "Sennheiser PC 166
  USB" has only a low sound level. Before upgrading it worked correctly
  out of the box.

  Expectations:
  Headset plugged in and volume on 100 % should result in sound level at 100 %.

  Result:
  Albeit sliders show 100 % the sound which one can hear is roughly 20 %.

  Additional Information:
  This bug occurs only with kernel 2.6.32-22.33. When I boot lucid with kernel
2.6.31-21.59 the headset worked as it should.

  Package: indicator-sound 0.2.3-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed May  5 15:56:07 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=de_DE.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: indicator-sound