This release of Ubuntu is no longer receiving maintenance updates. If
this is still an issue on a maintained version of Ubuntu please let us
know.

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  There is no audio streaming after upgrading to 10.04, has something to
  do with flash

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  The alsa driver seems to refuse to play the sound of flash clips since
upgrading from 9 to 10.04. The mixer flashes on and off very quickly with no
audio emerging. I have reinstalled various different versions of flash..One
seems to get firefox playing the sound, but it fails after firefox has been
restarted. It only works once after the restart after the flash reinstall.
  All previous earlier versions of Unbuntu that I have used (8 & 9) have played
flash content without any problems. Sorry that I don't have the extra tech info
you need. I can look it up if it is really needed Thanks