Original fix suggestion came from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1860697/comments/6

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  audio card not detected after upgrade to 20.04 (Only Dummy Output
  appears)

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  Since upgrading to 20.04 the sound card is no longer detected.

  This means that I can only see "Dummy Output" in the sound settings.

  The audio works if I use Bluetooth headphones but not if I try to use
  the speakers or the 3.5mm headphone jack.

  My machine is a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (4th gen).