Seems like they eventually want to add one on/off control over checking for
these updates?
I hope so and thank you for taking the time on this.

  gnome-shell process "estabilished"

  I opened a discussion on the Ubuntu forum
  (https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/gnome-shell-process/14870), not
  knowing if it was a bug or if expected, but as recommended I'm
  reporting the bug here.

  "Hello
  I don’t know if it’s a bug, or if it’s the right place to discuss this, in
case you let me know and move on.
  Recently a user reported this problem to me, at the first installation of
Ubuntu 20.04 by giving the command “ss -stp” the system is found (checked also
me and I also find it that way) that constantly communicates in" estabilished
“with” 8.43.85.13:https users: ((“gnome-shell”, pid = 3800, fd = 34)) ".
  It has no active data diagnostics.
  If the process ends, obviously the desktop ends. Do you by any chance know
why gnome-shell activates this process on the system?"

  Package: gnome-shell 3.35.91-1ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME