Some wifi adapters kept asking for a password when MAC address
randomization was enabled.

I reported this to Realtek, and they gave me a patch for wpa_supplicant,
which fixes the issue.

I asked Realtek to report this upstream to wpasupplicant, and they did,
the commit is:
http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/commit/?id=7546c489a95a033c78331915fcdfa0e6fd74d563

It would be very nice to cherrypick that for Focal.

I uploaded it as a merge request below, and I tested that it fixes the issue
with adapters based on the following chipsets:
ath9k, rtl8812au, rtl88x2bu and rtl8821cu

To reproduce this:

Ubuntu's network-manager defaults to "MAC randomization disabled", I think as a
workaround to this specific issue. This is defined in two places:
- wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
- Some specific drivers in
/usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/no-mac-addr-change.conf.

With these, the problem happens in around 10% of the cases.
To be able to reproduce it in 100% of the cases, it's best to remove these
Ubuntu workarounds. So:
- Set "wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=yes" in
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
- Remove /usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/no-mac-addr-change.conf.
- systemctl stop network-manager
- killall wpa_supplicant
- systemctl start network-manager

Then insert a USB wifi adapter that results in a big name with 15
characters like wlx74ee2ae2436a and try to connect to a wifi network. It
will keep asking for a password.

Then apply the patch, run the 3 commands above to restart network-
manager, and verify that it can now connect properly.

** Affects: wpa (Ubuntu)

** Tags: patch
--
Fix RTM NEW/DELLINK IFLA_IFNAME copy for maximum ifname length
Packages, which is subscribed to wpa in Ubuntu.