> Dear Mike,
>
> with all due respect, but imagine, you suffer from such an issue for a good
> part of this century, and now, you admit, fixing this issue was a spare time
> dedication. Just to be clear, it doesn't lower your achievement, but it sheds
> a really bad light on the *missing* Firefox development control. This is
> accompanied with *degrading* this issue to an **enhancement**, with what most
> of us comprehend as a **major bug**.
>
> Sure, we all know, which OS gets the most attention. But be assured, that for
> a couple of us Linux Hardcore users (in other words, those, that suffer
> **most** from this bug since **ages**) such experiences burrow into one's
> subconscious, and that harms the project as a whole.
>
> Please understand, that those of us, that stick with Firefox still, don't
> stick with it purely for technical reasons. A lot of us know about the
> **political dimension** of the last free browser engine. My users and me use
> Firefox, because we don't want to increase Google's influence even further,
> *despite* bad performances like this. Again, no pun intended to you
> personally. You're the **hero** for the moment in this small corner of
> ontology. Some of us may have a picture of the bigger side of it, some
> obviously don't! It's a pity, that those doesn't read this.
>
> I sincerely hope, that the fix will work for both situations, where it failed
> before with different behavior: session restore from a restart of Firefox and
> session restore from the window manager, and that it will *keep* working.
> Wayland is lurking around the corner already...
>
> Hopefully, you don't feel offended. You shouldn't.
>
> Unfortunately, I have to wait for the 75.0 release to test this thoroughly on
> about 30 very different openSUSE systems. A backport failed miserably.

I really second this. IMHO this is/was a **major** bug even if LInux
user are a minority group as usability also matters for minority groups

  Firefox windows don't restore on correct workspaces

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Fix Released
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  Create two workspaces
  Open one firefox window on the first workspace, second on the second one.
  Quit (or crash) firefox, specifying "Yes, remember my windows"

  Expected behavior: second window shows up on second workspace
  Actual behavior: Both windows appear on the current workspace