Thanks. The only thing possibly related that I can see is this occurred
on a couple of occasions:

Apr 08 09:52:37 jays-pc gnome-shell[9871]: JS ERROR: Extension
dash-to-d...@micxgx.gmail.com: TypeError: appIconPrototype._onLeaveEvent is
undefined
_init@/home/jay/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-d...@micxgx.gmail.com/appIcons.js:1052:9

So in the least it seems you're not using Ubuntu packages for your dock,
which makes this bug Invalid. Please uninstall all your extensions (or
just delete ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/) and report a new bug
for any further problems you might find.

** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu dock causes Gnome shell to crash

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Ubuntu dock is causing the gnome shell to crash especially while
  opening appfolders and clicking out of the app folders. Same problem
  was also observed during minimizing and maximizing (by clicking the
  launcher button).

  The entire gnome shell was frozen; none of the key bindings worked -
  except the only option was to switch to the tty by hitting alt-ctrl-f3
  and restart from there.

  I have played around with all the options in the settings by installing dash
to dock extension (since some settings seems to be shared) including
transparency, Auto hide, panel & icon size with all kinds of combinations and I
managed to fix this issue by disabling / unchecking the option:
  Panel mode:extend to screen edge.

  After disabling/Unchecking the option- Panel mode:extend to screen
  edge; this problem could not be replicated again.

  lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      20.04
  Codename:     focal

  apt-cache policy gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock
  gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock:
    Installed: 67ubuntu20.04.3
    Candidate: 67ubuntu20.04.3
    Version table:
   *** 67ubuntu20.04.3 500
          500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages
          500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock 67ubuntu20.04.3
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Apr  8 09:56:27 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_IN:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_IN
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock