CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sat Apr 11 15:48:33 2020
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
SourcePackage: mutter

** Affects: mutter (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug eoan

** Attachment added: "Output from strace during a "stutter"."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1872201/+attachment/5351910/+files/strace_gnome-shell.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Gnome 3 dock "restarts" every 35 (or so) seconds. Causing massive IO
  overhead (text boxes pause, game fps drops).

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  Added some gnome extensions, but this was always present. Maybe the
  multi monitor setup is at fault?

  Attached output is from running 'sudo strace -p' on gnome-shell. The
  whole FUTEX part in the middle is only observable during one of these
  "stutters". The parts before and after is just to show what "normally"
  is going on. I have no idea what any of this means. I hope this is
  somewhat useful.

  Package: mutter 3.34.3-1ubuntu1~19.10.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.8
  Architecture: amd64