I concur on the urgency of these fixes at this late date.

wslu is a distinguishing feature of Ubuntu on WSL. It is important to
address these bugs in 20.04.

callmepk is the upstream author of wslu so I have confidence in his
patches.

I am running a build from callmepk's branch and have not encountered any
issues in my testing.

We will continue testing as this moves through the review process.

Packages, which is subscribed to wslu in Ubuntu.

  update to land on ff-main before release

Status in wslu package in Ubuntu:

  Right now we are trying to update wslu 2.3.2 on focal to 2.3.6
  (2.3.6-0ubuntu1) to address some critical issues reported on
  Launchapad before the focal release rather than SRU now:

    * Upstream update to 2.3.6 to address critical issues (LP: #1871986)
      - wslupath manpage update
      - fixes that imported distro cannot be properly handled by baseexec_gen
      - fix an issue in handling dirty output in regenerate baseexec
      - fix an issue in generating ~/.config/baseexec
      - wslusc: fix an issue that will cause generated shortcut cannot be
opened for some users
    * debian/wsl-integration.sh: Fix issue that space in username breaks
wsl-integration.sh. (LP: #1869878)
    * debian/wsl-integration.sh: Use /tmp folder for system users who do not
have $HOME. (LP: #1859509)
    * debian/wsl-integration.sh: debian/wsl-integration.sh unset the right
variable at the end of script. (LP: #1857426)