I got the same error after upgrading to Ubuntu 20.04 from 18.04

Thanks,
Avijit

Packages, which is subscribed to gsettings-desktop-schemas in Ubuntu.

  gsettings-desktop-schemas 3.31 breaks mutter 3.30

Status in gsettings-desktop-schemas package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in ukwm package in Ubuntu:

  We need to package mutter 3.31 and add a Breaks: mutter < 3.31 to
  gsettings-desktop-schemas.

  Running gsettings-desktop-schemas 3.31 with mutter 3.30 will result in
  gdm/gnome-shell being unable to start.

  Also, ukwm is a fork of mutter so the Kylin devs need to backport the
  relevant commits from mutter.

  The problematic gsettings commit was:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gsettings-desktop-schemas/commit/c7eee129c

  I think the mutter commits can be found at
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/merge_requests/133

  We could easily add a dummy key with the old name but I'm thinking the
  way forward is just to package the newer mutter.