also have a similar problem with xubuntu & ubuntu studio (with updated &/or
fresh install, but not with test version), the screen is "broke" in different
displaced strips.
I fixed it (temporarily) increasing the framebuffer in 1 pixel
eg: xrandr --fb 1441x900 --output DisplayPort-0 --mode 1440x900 --panning 1440x0

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu in Ubuntu.

  Gnome 3.36 flickering framebuffer line above status bar

Status in xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu package in Ubuntu:

  I'm encountering this problem in both Ubuntu 20.04 and Pop OS 20.04.
  When I boot the default X11 session on my AMD graphics card

  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  [AMD/ATI] Oland PRO [Radeon R7 240/340]

  I get a 1 pixel line above the Gnome status bar that flickers
  seemingly with screen refreshes and shows parts of the current frame
  buffer. You can sometimes tell that parts of my open browser window
  (bookmarks bar) are being displayed there. If the screen and
  applications on display are very quiet there isn't much movement but
  when I move the mouse or hover over (browser) elements that are
  seemingly refreshed periodically the line flashes and redraws with
  content from the screen.

  When I don't move the mouse or do much at all the flickering dies down
  after a while because there is not much refresh going on. During
  regular use though, the whole thing is super annoying.

  This is showing the behavior, this site open in Firefox, typing the words.
  "this is me typing this comment right now."

  https://youtu.be/j1JI5ST0ZkM

  This exact problem occured to me on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04
  via USB media. For a bit it's fine and then this corruption happens.
  The video is taken from a POP_OS 20.04 installation on the same
  machine that shows the exact same behavior for the AMD GPU after a
  fresh install.

  If I switch to Wayland this never happens.