Public bug reported:

chromium-browser Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) snap (64-bit)

pkg - 80.0.3987.163-0ubuntu1 500

Steps to reproduce:

1) Have setting "Ask where to save each file before downloading" switched on
2) Go to a webpage and download a file
3) Select a location outside of ~/ , for example /tmp/ (which I have in my
location bookmarks)
4) Try to open file or go to "chrome://downloads/" and press "Show in Folder"

What happens:

File appears to download. However the file can't be found by user.

The chrome://downloads/ "Show in Folder" in Chromium does nothing, as
does clicking on the file download item. Naturally you try to download
the file again and find that it apparently already exists but you still
can't see it in the filesystem/file browser/nautilus.

** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Downloaded file fails to appear in dirs outside of ~/

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu: