Does this still happen in Ubuntu 20.04?

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons in
Ubuntu.

  Desktop icons reshuffle themselves

Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons package in Ubuntu:

  It may be a bad habit, but for years I have saved temporary files
  (stuff I don't intend to keep long & some work in progress) to my
  desktop, where I won't forget them & they are immediately available.

  For years there was no problem - icons on the desktop stayed where
  they were.

  Since 19.10 things have gone crazy (might have started with 19.04 but I can't
check that now).
  Nearly every time a new item is added or removed, some or all of the other
items get reshuffled on the desk!

  I raised this issue on Ubuntu Forum, with details & screenshots (PLEASE LOOK)
here:
  https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2435768

  I have run comparison tests, using SHA-verified Live USB stick versions of
Ubuntu 18.04.3 & 19.10, which I suppose anybody else can duplicate.
  My test was to successively "Save-as to desktop" 32 tiny LibO files called
01, 02, 03 etc in that order.
  With 18.04.3, each item was positioned top-to-bottom in a column at left,
then in the next columns to the right after each column was full.
  Once positioned, no icon moved.
  With 19.10, icons were positioned clustered top-left but new columns were
started before previous columns were full.
  Nearly every addition caused previous icons to be reshuffled.
  Frequently the number of columns DIMINISHED when a new icon was added.

  With 19.10, removing icons causes other items to reshuffle.
  With 18.04.3, removing icons leaves a gap, which is filled by the next item
added.

  I think the behaviour of 18.04.3 is perfect & the behaviour of 19.10
  is an unacceptable regression.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.34.1-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Jan 29 14:03:30 2020
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20140722.2)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  modified.conffile..etc.default.apport:
   # set this to 0 to disable apport, or to 1 to enable it
   # you can temporarily override this with
   # sudo service apport start force_start=1
   enabled=0
  mtime.conffile..etc.default.apport: 2019-11-04T18:03:11.954726
  usr_lib_nautilus: