** Tags added: desktop-lts-wishlist focal

  Nautilus freezes when restoring files and a copy already exists

Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  I have trashed the hidden file using nautilus to the trash bin, be it
  the hidden configuration file for XScreenSaver that is compiled from
  source, and it regenerated the hidden file in the same location that I
  have deleted the old copy in.

  I attempted to restore the file, but because the file with the same
  name is originated on the same location, Nautilus freezes. It should
  give me the "Replace file with newer version" dialog so I can decide
  if I want to replace the old file with the new one, or if I want to
  rename the trashed hidden file to another name. It shouldn't freeze.

  Here's the clearer example. Suppose that...

  1. I created a file named "test.txt" on "/home/eofla",
  2. I put it to the trash bin,
  3. I repeated Step 1, and
  4. I attempted to restore the same file that was on the trash.
  5. Nautilus freezes.

  Version of Ubuntu:

  Release:      19.10

  Version of Nautilus:

  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:3.32.1-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:3.32.1-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.32.1-1ubuntu1 500
          500 http://sy.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu eoan/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Debug output with "G_DEBUG="all" NAUTILUS_DEBUG="All" nautilus":

  Nautilus-Share-Message: 23:01:44.608: Called "net usershare info" but
  it failed: Failed to execute child process “net” (No such file or
  directory)

  Debug output using "gdb nautilus" with exported environment variables
  of G_DEBUG="all" NAUTILUS_DEBUG="All" (More useful, with stack trace):
  https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ChpBrDsTtd/

  Package: nautilus 1:3.32.1-1ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Wed Aug  7 13:43:40 2019
  GsettingsChanges:

  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Alpha amd64 (20190715)
  SourcePackage: nautilus
  usr_lib_nautilus: