Public bug reported:

I'm using Linux Mint 19.3 which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.

Installing texlive-extra-utils (version 2017.20180305-2) makes a
latexindent command available, but it does not run because dependencies
are missing. This the output upon launching latexindent in the shell:

Can't locate Log/Dispatch/File.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
Log::Dispatch::File module)

Installing libfile-homedir-perl and liblog-dispatch-perl solves the
issue.

What I expected: Either latexindent is installed by texlive-extra-utils,
or it is not. If it is, it should come with all its dependencies. I
notice on packages.ubuntu.com that they have been made "recommended" in
20.04, but it looks like they should be regular dependencies.

** Affects: texlive-extra (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  I'm using Linux Mint 19.3 which is based on Ubuntu 18.04.

  Installing texlive-extra-utils (version 2017.20180305-2) makes a
  latexindent command available, but it does not run because dependencies
  are missing. This the output upon launching latexindent in the shell:

  Can't locate Log/Dispatch/File.pm in @INC (you may need to install the
  Log::Dispatch::File module)

  Installing libfile-homedir-perl and liblog-dispatch-perl solves the
  issue.

- What I expected: Either latexindent is installed by texlive-latex-utils,
+ What I expected: Either latexindent is installed by texlive-extra-utils,
  or it is not. If it is, it should come with all its dependencies. I
  notice on packages.ubuntu.com that they have been made "recommended" in
  20.04, but it looks like they should be regular dependencies.

Packages, which is subscribed to texlive-extra in Ubuntu.

  Missing perl dependencies for latexindent

Status in texlive-extra package in Ubuntu: