It looks like the fix for bug 1871868 won't help here. No longer a
duplicate.

** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1871868
   Shell dialog text is truncated and ellipsized

  Notifications are pointlessly truncated even on ultrawide monitors

  I tried to use ubuntu-bug -w to identify the component for this bug by
  clicking on a notification, but it failed with "xprop failed to
  determine process ID of the window". Sorry.

  The bug is that notifications of adding/removing icons to Favorites in
  the taskbar, are truncated for no good reason. I have a dual monitor
  setup ridiculous amounts of horizontal space, yet the notification is
  fixed size - which is fine, if it wrapped the text inside it. But it
  doesn't.