Public bug reported:

Hi all!

This is just a wishlist bug, but the dark mode in Gedit on Ubuntu
doesn't work well for me. In dark mode, the highlight color and the text
color are very similar, and the lack of contrast makes it difficult to
the see text. Perhaps changing the highlight color to purple or
something else to enhance contrast would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ubuntu 20.04
Installed: 3.36.2-0ubuntu1

** Affects: gedit (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "gedit.png"
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1888574/+attachment/5395032/+files/gedit.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Dark mode highlight is too similar to text color

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu: